If you're interested in languages for life, then make the library your first port of call.
We have lots of different courses for different needs and language levels. Most libraries stock popular languages such as French, German, Spanish and Italian, with more on offer at larger libraries. Courses are available mainly on cassette, but increasingly on CD or DVD, and you can check details on the Library Catalogue or ask a member of staff if you can't find what you're looking for.
The County collection at Exeter Central temporary Library has over 70 languages from Albanian to Zulu, and these can be reserved at any Devon library.
- For holidays or travel
- If you want to learn a language or become more fluent
- For students taking exams, to practise listening and speaking skills
- If you are in business, working in Europe or further afield, try language courses specialising in commercial terms and conversational telephone skills
- For children, tapes with games and songs to encourage interest
- If you are interested in hiring a language course, but your local library or mobile library does not have a collection or does not have what you want, you can reserve titles for a small fee. Check out details of titles on the Library Catalogue.
- Devon Community Education coordinates adult education courses right across the county, and there will be courses in popular languages at a centre near you. To find out more or ask at your local library.