Oxford Reference Online
Oxford Reference Online is available from any public library in Devon and to registered library members at home.
Go to www.oxfordreference.com
If you are using a library computer you will be automatically connected to the search page. If you are using a computer at home, you will first be asked to enter your library membership card number; this is the number above the barcode on your library ticket. Type in the whole number, including the letter at the start and all the zeros, but do not include any spaces.
Oxford Reference Online is a vast online reference library combining in-depth content from title in the acclaimed Oxford Companions series with authoritative, quick-reference coverage of a wide range of subjects:
- Over 1 million entries across 25 subjects, including an expanding range of Oxford Companions, and the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations
- English dictionaries, and bilingual dictionaries of French, German, Spanish, and Italian
- Timelines link over 2,000 key events in 20th-century history
- Over 12,000 images - including 6,000 in full colour with fully searchable captions
- 500+ full-colour maps and flags
- Over 2,600 high-quality and carefully researched web links
Take an online tour of Oxford Reference Online
Printing and downloading
Single copies of articles may be printed or downloaded for personal use and private study. You can also email copies of articles to family and friends.