Ancestry Library Edition
Ancestry Library edition is available from any Devon County Council public library.
PLEASE NOTE - Ancestry is only available within a library and is NOT available from a home computer or elsewhere.
You will be automatically connected to the home page.
Thousands of sources of information of interest to family history researchers, covering the United States, Canada and the UK, with more than 1.5 billion names in over 4,000 collections:
- UK census for 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891, 1901 and 1911, with images of the original records
- Index to Births, Marriages and Deaths from 1837-2005 for births & marriages, 1837-2007 for deaths
- Parish and probate records from the 1500s to 1800s, with some non-parish records from as early as the twelfth century
- London parish and Poor Law records held by London Metropolitan Archives
- British Army WW1 Service, Pension and Medal Rolls Index Cards 1914-1920
- Family and local histories, with the complete text available for some titles
- Directories and membership lists, including British Phone Books 1880-1984
- Reference and finding aids such as surname dictionaries and gazetteers
Download a user guide.
Printing and downloading
You can print individual records, or images of original records, for personal, non-commercial use. You can also save an image of an original record to a computer or send an email to family and friends containing a link to the image which they will be able to use from a home computer.