eBooks and Audiobooks
We offer a free Overdrive eBooks and Audiobooks service to Devon Libraries members.
The links below will take you to the home page for each of our eBook services and show you the latest titles available. You can also to search by stock category or keyword.
To borrow a title you need your library card number and PIN.
Loans automatically expire at the end of the lending period so there are no late fees.
To read an eBook:
Either select ‘Overdrive Read’ titles to read directly in your internet browser (eg Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc).
Or download to your pc and transfer to your ereader (eg Kobo) using Adobe Digital Editions
Or download to your mobile device (eg tablet, phone) using Libby
To listen to an eAudiobook on a mobile device (eg tablet, phone etc) use Overdrive Media Console
The service is compatible with a wide range of devices but the ever growing range of tablets, phones, eReaders, operating systems and file types can lead to confusion, so please get in touch with us if you need some advice.
The specific instructions for getting started with most devices can be found on the Overdrive Help pages – follow the link below and type the name of your device into the search box.
- Libby App - for Android, IOS and Windows 10 devices (40KB - pdf help)
- eReaders - Transfer eBooks to your eReader (908KB - pdf help)
- Overdrive Read (31KB - pdf help) & Overdrive Listen (32KB - pdf help) - read or listen in your browser
To find out if your device works with our eBook service please check the Compatible devices pages. The only major device not compatible with our service is the Kindle. (Kindle HD & Kindle Fire are compatible).
Loan periods etc
- Borrow (‘check out’) up to five items at a time
- Add up to five items to your cart ('basket') at a time
- 'Holds’ or reservations for items in stock will be free The ‘Hold’ limit is 5 items.
- The ‘Hold Pick Up Time’ is three days
- The default lending period is 14 days but you can change your personal default setting to either a 7 or 21 day loan period.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this service.