Arts Award Supporter
Arts Award is a nationally recognised qualification that aims to help young people aged 7 – 25 to explore their creative skills, and to develop as artists and arts leaders
There are five different levels to achieve, four of which (Explore, Bronze, Silver & Gold) are accredited qualifications on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). Discover is an introductory level.
Two of our libraries – Exeter Central and St Thomas – are now registered Arts Award Centres. Here we have staff qualified and ready to help you achieve your Arts Award at Discover level when you participate in the Summer Reading Challenge.
Working towards your Arts Award is...
•A great way to be inspired by and enjoy the arts
•A springboard for learning new skills and sharing them
•An opportunity to develop creativity and leadership skills
If you are already doing your Arts Award, there are lots of ways that Devon Libraries can help you:
- Taking part in the Summer Reading Challenge or Book Track can help you to achieve your Discover or Explore award.
- All of our libraries can be a resource for your research with access to quality information about artists and arts professionals – we have a great collection of books about art, music, theatre and dance, as well as access to online reference resources via our website
- Most libraries offer art and craft activities, especially during the school holidays
- Many libraries host a variety of arts and cultural events to attend, such as author talks
- Many libraries work with partner organisations to offer workshops where you can learn new skills such as illustration, drumming, animation, circus skills etc
- Several libraries offer the chance to talk about books and writing, and to share your favourite authors by attending a book group
- Some of our libraries can offer you display space for your art work or performance space for you to share your skills and ideas
- There are volunteering and work experience opportunities, for example to assist with the Summer Reading Challenge
- And some libraries may offer you the chance to develop your leadership skills with opportunities to organise and run activities for younger children, or contribute ideas to help shape our library services for young people
Look out for this badge on any events relevant to Arts Award.
If you are running/participating in Arts Award and would like to find out more about how we can support you, then contact email@example.com . For more information about the award, please visit the Arts Award website.