The Devon Local Area Agreement
Draft Devon Local Area Agreement 2008-2011
The Devon LAA 2008-2011 was approved by the Devon Strategic Partnership Board on 15 May 2008 and by Devon County Council on 22 May 2008
The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government signed off the LAA on 30 June 2008.
You can read more in the following press releases:
- Department of Communities and Local Government
- Government Office for the South West
- Devon Strategic Partnership/Devon County Council
Each LAA priority is underpinned by a delivery plan which describes how the improvement target(s) will be met.
The published LAA includes a section relating to each Devon District local authority/local strategic partnership area covering:
1. Introductory statement about the characteristics of the area highlighting key challenges, issues and problems.
2. Identification of the LAA priorities which are particularly relevant to the whole area, specific towns, villages or neighbourhoods within it.
3. Description of some of the ways in which partners will contribute to those identified priorities in a way which enables them to take advantage of the LAA 2008-2011 to meet their objectives. An explanation of the differences that people will see.
Reports to Devon County Council's Executive
Devon County Council meeting
Minutes of 22 May 2008 meeting of Devon County Council (minute 198(c )) refers to the draft Devon Local Area Agreement 2008-2011
Plans and Strategies
Devon Children and Young People's Plan 2008-2011 (Devon Children's Trust)
Strategic Framework for Health and Social Care (Devon PCT and Devon County Council)
Local Policing Plan 2008-2011 (Devon and Cornwall Police)
Devon Economic Strategy (Devon Economic Partnership)
Devon Local Transport Plan 2006-2011 (Devon County Council)
The Compact for Devon (Devon Association of Councils for Voluntary Service)
Advice and Guidance
Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG)
Improvement and Development Agency (IDeA)
IDeA support for Local Area Agreements
Local Government Association (LGA)
LGA's work on Local Area Agreements and Partnerships
Also on devon.gov.uk