The Mediation Service provides a fast and effective way to resolve workplace conflicts both within Devon County Council and for external customers.
Workplace disputes can:
- impact on individuals health and wellbeing, leading to sickness absence
- reduce productivity
- cause poor working relationships within teams
- be time consuming to resolve
- lead to formal grievances
Use of mediation at an early stage can help prevent these disputes from developing.
The Mediation service is:
- co-ordinated and facilitated for you
- provided by nationally trained and qualified mediators
- fast – the whole process is normally completed in one day
- confidential – matters discussed cannot be used at a later date in formal procedures
- flexible – it is conducted without precedents, making it potentially more creative than other mechanisms
- voluntary - so there is a better chance that an agreement will be respected by both parties and lasting
- at no charge within DCC
For information, (including details on charging for external customers) or to request mediation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 01392 385555.