Do you need help contacting us?

The Customer Service Centre is open Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and Saturdays 9am – 1pm

You can now contact Devon’s County Council’s Customer Service using either 0345 or 0845 numbers.

Your call may incur a charge, so please check with your phone company which will be cheaper for you. Your telephone company is obliged to include calls you make to 0345 numbers in any ‘free’ or ‘inclusive’ minutes packages that you may have with them. Calls to 0345 numbers are also charged at the same rate as calls to standard numbers starting in ‘01’ or ‘02’.”


Supporting adopters, children and families throughout the adoption process and beyond.

0845 155 1076 or

0345 155 1076

Care Direct

Information and help for older people, vulnerable adults, and their carers.

0845 155 1007 or

0345 155 1007

Children’s Social Work

For ongoing Children’s Social Work Enquiries

0845 155 1078 or

0345 155 1078
available 9am - 5pm, Mon to Thur and 9am - 4pm, Fri.

Concessionary Bus Pass

Information on the Concessionary Bus Pass Scheme for Devon residents, including how to apply, renew or replace your pass.

01392 383 688

Consumer Advice

For advice on goods and services, and consumer rights.

0345 404 0506

Trading Standards Business Advice

01392 381381

Devon Highways

Road maintenance, traffic management and parking, streetlights and signs, and public rights of way.

0845 155 1004 or

0345 155 1004

Disability Information Service

Information and help for disabled people and carers including equipment, benefits, and care support.

0845 155 1005 or

0345 155 1005

Family Information Service

For information and advice on registered childcare, 2gether and services for children, young people and parents.

0845 155 1013 or

0345 155 1013


Advice on becoming a Foster Carer or Supported Lodgings Host for Devon County Council.

0845 155 1077 or

0345 155 1077

Learn Devon

Enrol and pay for an adult learning course.

0845 155 1014 or

0345 155 1014


Renewals, enquiries about the library service and your local library.

0845 155 1001 or

0345 155 1001

MASH (Safeguarding enquiries regarding children)

Speak to someone if you are concerned about the safety of a child or young person or to notify of a private fostering arrangement.

0845 155 1071 or

0345 155 1071

Parking Permits

Resident, visitor and business permit applications, renewals and enquiries.

0845 155 1073 or

0345 155 1073


Births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships.

0845 155 1002 or

0345 155 1002

Schools and Education

School admissions
School transport
Free School meals

0845 155 1019 or

0345 155 1019

Waste and Recycling

Help and advice. For domestic rubbish collection contact your district, city or borough council.

0845 155 1010 or

0345 155 1010

Emergencies (out of hours)

  • Social Services:
    0845 600 0388 or
    0345 600 0388
  • Highways:
    01392 383329
  • Animal welfare, petrol and explosives:
    01392 499499

General Enquiries

  • 0845 155 1015 or
    0345 155 1015

Devon County Council
County Hall
Topsham Road

Email: customer@devon.gov.uk
SMS text - text 'Devon' then your message to 80011
Fax:  0845 155 1003 or 0345 155 1003

Do you need some help using this website?

Please see our Access Options page

Did you want to complain or comment about a council service?

We are one of the largest local authorities in England. We provide a wide range of services to some 700,000 residents with diverse backgrounds and needs. We aim to provide high quality, effective and efficient services but it is important that you let us know how you find our services, so we can look to improve wherever possible. How to comment or make a complaint

How we use personal data provided via this website

Please read our disclaimer and privacy statements (follow the links at the foot of any page on the site) for guidance on how we use personal data provided via the website.

Your browser info