Published Reports and Information
Preliminary Flood Risk Assessment
Under the Flood Risk Regulations, a Preliminary Flood Risk Assessment for Devon has been published:
- Preliminary Flood Risk Assessment for Devon County Council (4.94MB - pdf help)
- Preliminary Flood Risk Assessment Annex Spreadsheet
Surface Water Management Plan
As part of Devon County Council’s ongoing flood risk management responsibilities and following on from the outcomes of the Preliminary Flood Risk Assessment (PFRA), we have developed a Surface Water Management Plan (SWMP) to progress with the management of flooding form local sources of flood risk. It is emphasised that the term “local flood risk” means flooding from sources other than Main Rivers and the sea. Therefore, whilst widely known as Surface Water Management Plans, they are increasingly seen as tools for the Lead Local Flood Authority to manage all forms of ‘local flooding’ in an area, and are considered as such in this case. The purpose of a full SWMP study (note that this report only details findings from Phase 1 which includes Strategic Assessment or Preparation under current SWMP Guidance) is to identify sustainable responses to manage local flooding and to prepare an Action Plan. The Action Plan and supporting material provide an evidence base for future decisions and funding applications for putting the recommendations into practice. It is anticipated that the full SWMP (to be undertaken for selected locations) will form a key aspect of Devon County Council’s Local Strategy for flood risk management.
This Phase 1 Strategic Assessment will inform decisions on which areas within DCC’s area warrant further investigation during subsequent phases of the study, including locations requiring an Intermediate and/or Detailed Assessment.
- Surface Water Management Plan - Phase 1 – Strategic Assessment - 16 July 2012 Rev: C
- Appendix C - Devon SWMP Ecological Designated Sites - Overview
Under Section 19 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010, the following flood investigation reports have been produced:
- Braunton, July 2011 (788KB - pdf help)
- Braunton Recommended Actions and Responses (24KB - pdf help)
- Devon Summer Floods, July 2012 (4.86MB - pdf help)
- Sandygate and Luton Flood Incident, August 2012 (3.58MB - pdf help)
- Devon Floods, November 2012 (4.93MB - pdf help)
- Devon Floods, December 2012 (2.39MB - pdf help)
- South Hams and Teignbridge Floods, October 2012 (696KB - pdf help)
Detailed assessment of the hydrological and hydraulic characteristics of study catchments.
- Aveton Gifford Catchment Study - Summary Report - 20 June 2013 (1.80MB - pdf help)
- Modbury Catchment Study - Summary Report - 04 July 2013 (2.85MB - pdf help)