- Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS)
For all the latest information on EYTS please visit our training pages.
- Could you offer work experience?
Exeter Jobcentre Plus are currently looking for early years settings that are willing to offer a young person work experience to give them a better chance of finding work. If you would like to become a work experience host, please contact Michael on 01392 473944 for an informal chat.
- Training for childminders
The training bulletin for childminders (79KB - pdf help) outlines the latest training opportunities for Devon Childminders with many dates running on a Saturday / evenings. All training can be accessed from the early years training website.
- Safeguarding training
- Cancellation and non-attendance policy for short courses
Practitioners who do not attend a booked training course and have not informed the training provider/ Early Years & Childcare Service with reasonable notice or a genuine reason for non-attendance will have this information recorded by the Workforce Development Team. If non-attendance is recorded 3 times per setting/childminder you and your provision will not be funded to undertake funded training for 1 year from the date of the third non-attendance. Follow this link for more information about the cancellation policy.
- Good early years provision for all
From 4 November 2013, a judgement of ‘requires improvement’ will replace the current ‘satisfactory’ judgement for all early years providers. The outcome of the consultation can be found on the Ofsted website.
- More affordable childcare
- More affordable childcare details the steps the Government is taking to address the challenges in providing affordable childcare for parents. This includes plans to help families meet the cost of childcare, increase the amount of affordable provision, and to give parents the right information so they can make informed choices about childcare.
- From 1 September 2013 the Early education and childcare: statutory guidance for local authorities will replace the current guidance.
- Changes to the system of school organisation - the DfE is considering amending the existing legislative and policy requirements for making significant changes to schools and academies.
Also on devon.gov.uk
Other Web Sites
Early Years and Childcare Service
Room 170, County Hall
Tel: 0800 056 3666