Japanese Knotweed is Britain's most invasive non-native plant. It was originally brought from the Far East as an ornamental plant by the Victorians but it has now widely naturalized and occurs across the UK as well as Europe, USA, Canada and New Zealand. This web site is designed to help you find the information you need to help you recognize and deal with Japanese Knotweed, and its relatives, and to help the Forum achieve its aim of controlling Japanese Knotweed in Devon.
- What is Japanese Knotweed?
- How to Identify Japanese Knotweed
- Knotweed in Devon
- What's the problem?
- Japanese Knotweed and the Law
- Knotweed Do's and Don'ts
- Control of Knotweed
- Knotweed Forum
- Advice for Landowners and Gardeners
- Advice for Developers and Hauliers
- Advice for Planners
- Contractors for Knotweed control
- Recording Knotweed in Devon
- Further Sources of Information
Also on devon.gov.uk