Find out about ways to learn, national occupational standards and changes in the world of social care relevant to all those working for Adult and Community Services in a Care Management role – Assessment and Review Team (ART) workers, Care Direct, Standard and Personal Brokers, Care Direct Plus (CDP) Team Leaders, Occupational Therapists, Community Care Workers, Practice Managers and Social Workers.
The College of Social Work
Devon has a full subscription to The College of Social Work (TCSW) and is committed to this investment to strengthen social work practice.
As a social worker or a student you will be able to access the college for information to support your professional development at any time. The e-leaflet provides more information about what TCSW offers.
If you have already registered as a corporate member, you do not need to take any action – your corporate membership rolls forward automatically. New registrants should register using the Quick Signup Form and Devon’s voucher code: TCSW-2013-510-izRU3-114.
To note: Choose your own password, and select Devon County Council as a College Member. Once you complete the form, you will be sent a confirmation email.
This requires a great deal less information than the usual online sign up available to independent members who subscribe via the website.
Please do it today and make the most of your professional development!
- Putting People First (391KB - pdf help) -this is the government’s vision for implementing Personalisation. It provides a clear steer to all social care staff about the way in which we should be working. The strategy develops the thinking of the social model of disability from direct payments as a service option, to an all systems approach to providing choice and control for service users and carers.
- Putting People First Workforce Development Strategy - read our plans for supporting staff in implementing the government's Putting People First strategy.
- Fair Access to Care (537KB - pdf help) - in light of Putting People First, and the recent consultation on FACS– ‘Cutting the cake fairly’ the government has published new guidance on how to interpret FACS within a personalised social care system.
- mandatory training all care management staff (102KB - pdf help)
- Additional mandatory training social workers and occupational therapists (46KB - pdf help).
- Health and safety induction check list
Find out more
- Support Planning
- Social Model of Disability
- Local Workshops
- Older People
- Physical Impairment
- Sensory Impairment
- Older People's Mental Health
- Professional Registration
- Direct Payments
- Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Community Care Workers
- Care Direct Plus Assessment and Review Team