The Devon Knotweed Forum is an alliance of organizations in Devon with an active interest in the co-ordinated control of Japanese Knotweed, its hybrids and other invasive Knotweeds in Devon.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of the Forum is to raise awareness of the problems caused by Japanese Knotweed, share information about control and increase recording.
The Objectives of the Forum:
- To assess the true scale of the problem, the costs and implications of Japanese Knotweed infestations in Devon and to disseminate this information widely.
- To identify centres of best practice for the control of Japanese Knotweed.
- To develop, evaluate and disseminate information about innovative and successful approaches to the management of Japanese Knotweed.
- To prevent the further spread of Japanese Knotweed through education, legislation and good practice.
- To encourage the eradication of Japanese Knotweed and its hybrids through co-ordinated control.
- To work in partnership with the Cornwall Knotweed Forum and other groups and organizations.
The Knotweed Forum is made up of over 40 organisations including local authorities, countryside and conservation groups, utility and transport operators and developers. The forum is currently chaired by representatives from Devon County Council and the Environment Agency.
If you want to join the Forum then email email@example.com
For advice on chemical treatment of knotweed near watercourses, or on the safe disposal of knotweed material, please contact the Environment Agency via their National Customer Contact Centre tel: 08708 506506
For any other matters email firstname.lastname@example.org.