Council & Democracy | Children & Families | Culture & Heritage | Economy & Enterprise | Environment & Planning | Jobs & Careers | Education and Learning | People & Community | Safety & Emergencies | Social Care & Health | Transport & Roads |
Babcock LDP Music Service is the lead organisation for the Devon Music Education Hub, tasked with delivering the National Plan for Music Education across the county, through a Service Delivery Agreement with Devon County Council. The core roles of the DMEH are to:
- Ensure that every child aged 5-18 has the opportunity to learn a musical instrument (other than voice) through whole-class ensemble teaching programmes for ideally a year (but for a minimum of a term) of weekly tuition on the same instrument.
- Provide opportunities to play in ensembles and to perform from an early stage.
- Ensure that clear progression routes are available and affordable to all young people.
- Develop a singing strategy to ensure that every pupil sings regularly and that choirs and other vocal ensembles are available in the area.
Extension roles are to:
- Offer CPD to school staff, particularly in supporting schools to deliver music in the curriculum.
- Provide an instrument loan service, with discounts or free provision for those on low incomes.
- Provide access to large scale and / or high quality music experiences for pupils, working with professional musicians and / or venues. This may include undertaking work to publicise the opportunities available to schools, parents/carers and students.
DMEH will be the first point of contact for schools, settings and the wider community, bringing together the expertise and social capital required to support all young people’s interests and passions, in and out of school.
Our vision: to improve and enhance the lives of all children and young people through music education, regardless of circumstances. They will be able to access wide ranging, expert led, high quality music education services that inspire, engage, challenge and support them within their communities. Through partnerships we will strive to make music a life-long experience including Early Years, 5 – 18 and adult education.
For more information please follow this link to the Babcock LDP Music Service webpages or contact our office on 01392 386483.
Find out more
- Clip 1 - The Merengue - footwork
- Clip 2 - The Merengue - with music
- Clip 3 - Basic Salsa - footwork
- Clip 4 - Basic Salsa - with music
- Clip 5 - Rumba - footwork
- Clip 6 - Rumba - with music
- Clip 7 - Now let's Salsa to La Bamba!
- Cuban Project