Council & Democracy | Children & Families | Culture & Heritage | Economy & Enterprise | Environment & Planning | Jobs & Careers | Education and Learning | People & Community | Safety & Emergencies | Social Care & Health | Transport & Roads |
As the highway authority, Devon County Council is responsible for the repair and maintenance of most public roads in Devon. The exceptions are the motorway and trunk roads which are looked after by the Highways Agency and roads in Plymouth and Torbay which are maintained by Plymouth and Torbay Councils respectively.
Report a fault
If you have a highway fault that you would like to report please use the relevant form below.
For general highway and traffic management queries your Neighbourhood Highway Team will be able to assist you. You can contact this team by:
- Telephone: 0845 155 1004
The County Council's statutory duty as the Highway Authority in maintaining the Highway network is outlined in the Highway Maintenance Objectives and Strategy page (the information on this page is currently being reviewed and will be available again soon).
Find out more
- Report a faulty streetlight
- Report a pothole
- Report a faulty pavement
- Report a faulty drain or ditch
- Report a faulty manhole or drain cover
- Roadside Hedge and Tree Maintenance
- Report overgrown grass verges
- Report Ragwort or Japanese Knotweed
- Report a faulty road surface
- Report a faulty cycleway
- Report a dangerous structure or wall
- Report a faulty roadsign
- Report a faulty road marking or cats-eye
- Report flyposting or unauthorised signs
- Carriageway Resurfacing Works 2012/13
- Highways Insurance Claims Vehicle and Property Damage
- Highway Safety Inspections
- Report a fault on a bridge
For emergencies please contact the Highway Operations Control Centre (24 hours) Tel : 01392 383329
If you have a comment, query or request about road and pavement repairs in Devon please contact your nearest Area Highway Management Office by selecting your area from the map.