Council & Democracy | Children & Families | Culture & Heritage | Economy & Enterprise | Environment & Planning | Jobs & Careers | Education and Learning | People & Community | Safety & Emergencies | Social Care & Health | Transport & Roads |
The people of Devon have told us they want to lead full and independent lives for as long as possible. They want a choice of help and support, which is flexible, responsive and meets their personal needs and outcomes. The Government’s vision to change adult social care over the coming years emphasises people helping themselves. We will put you at the centre of everything we do, allowing you to decide and arrange the help and support you need.
We want you to remain independent and to have choice and control over the support you’d like to receive. We are working with health and other public and community organisations to make sure this happens. We will always offer you information and advice to help yourself. We will also direct our support at those people who have the greatest needs or who are most at risk of harm.
We have been modernising our services over the past few years, transforming care management and changing the way that we provide services.
|(1.94MB - pdf help)|
Our leaflet 'Social Care for Adults' is also available as a PDF download:
Who do we help?
Everyone can get information and advice from us, and many people receive further help. Wherever possible we help people to retain their independence, so that they can continue to live in their own homes.
- people at risk of harm
- older people
- people with physical and sensory disabilities
- people with learning disabilities
- people leaving hospital
- people at risk of harm
We want you to receive excellent customer service.
We aim to:
- always put you first
- make it easy for you to contact us
- deal with any issues you raise as soon as we can
- enable you to be as independent as possible and help you to play
- full and active part in the life of your community
- enable you stay healthy and safe in your own home; supporting you to maintain your personal dignity and take control of your life by exercising choice
- give you as much freedom, choice and control as we can over the support and services you need
- help you achieve your goals as well as meet your immediate needs
- provide high quality care to people at risk who have high level of need.
How to contact us
Enquiries are answered by Care Direct, part of Devon County Council's MyDevon Customer Service Centre,
Tel. 0845 1551 007. Care Direct will offer you information and advice about care and support in your home, pensions, benefits, and keeping well.They will give you the information you need, or contact the right person to help you.
Find out more
- More about Social Services
- Social Care for Adults Explained - British Sign Language (BSL) version
- Social Care for Adults Explained - Audio Version
- Contact Social Services Online
- call your local Social Services office