Advocacy is when someone supports you to speak up, or speaks on your behalf to help you get what you are entitled to.
- Guide to Advocacy factsheet explains how advocacy works
- Finding the right advocate for you contact details for advocacy services
- Exeter CVS Advocacy Services helping people with learning difficulties to speak up
- Action for Advocacy an online database to find advocacy services in England and Wales
- Equality for Disabled People - Living Options Devon provide advice for those who need it to cope with many situations
- Community Legal Advice offers free, confidential and independent legal advice
Advocacy Groups and Services
- Haven Advocacy helping you to express what you want
- Learning Disability Devon a website for people with learning disabilities, their families and carers, and staff
- South Hams Citizens Advice Bureau helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free,
independent and confidential advice and by influencing change on issues that effect people.
- Independent Complaints Advocacy Service if you are unhappy with the service you or others have received from a hospital, doctor, dentist, local surgery or any other NHS service, this site gives information about how you can complain about it
- Diabetics UK Advocacy Services. advocacy scheme for people with diabetes
Note: Inclusion of a link to another organisation's web site does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement of that organisation or site by Devon County Council.