If you look after someone in Devon there is help available. Contact ‘Devon Carers’ today to apply for a small grant you can use for something that improves your quality of life. If you care, we care.
08456 434 435 www.devoncarers.org.uk
8am – 6pm Monday to Friday and from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
We are a support service provided by eight voluntary sector organisations working together across the County to deliver individualised support to carers. Ring us for:
- Support and information at the ‘first stop’ from a helpline adviser
- Access to short breaks grant funding to enable you to take time off from caring if you need too
- Information and newsletters about local support and training opportunities for carers
- Help to plan for times of crisis (provision of a carers alert card).
- Access to a carer support worker in your area providing individual support
- Young carers workers providing activities for young carers to enjoy being young people
- Access to local opportunities to meet with other carers for mutual support, friendship and time away from caring
You can apply on-line to get more information about support from the Devon Virtual Carers Centre or ring us today!
Health & Wellbeing Checks
What’s in a name? The words ‘virtual’ and ‘centre’ seem to have caused some contentions in the naming of the new carer support service that started on 1st October 2011. After consultation with carers, the Devon Virtual Carers Centre is being renamed: ‘Devon Carers’. The new branding is being introduced in the Spring newsletter and will be officially rolled out on their leaflets and other publicity materials, and on their website, from the beginning of April. The roll out will culminate in a launch event in Carers Week at which ‘Devon Carers’ intend to properly celebrate the new service with carers and other stakeholders across Devon.
Summer 2013 newsletters
Also on devon.gov.uk
Other Web Sites
FREEPOST (SWB30899) (DCL),
08456 434 435