Devon Authorities Waste Reduction and Recycling Committee
This Committee reports to the Executive Committee
What does the Devon Authorities Waste Reduction and Recycling Committee do ?
Responsibilities / Activities
- To co-ordinate the establishment of waste minimisation and recycling schemes whether provided by the County Council, the District Councils or Devon Unitary Authorities, or jointly with each other, with commercial concerns or with community/voluntary groups.
- To make recommendations to the respective authorities regarding any major change in waste minimisation and recycling policy, methods of funding waste minimisation and recycling schemes, and on any new projects proposed.
- To consider and adopt waste minimisation and recycling targets for Devon as a geographic area.
- To recognise the role of the Devon Authorities Waste Reduction and Recycling Committee in making recommendations on the future strategy of waste management in Devon, including the collection and disposal of wastes, always having regard to resource implications.
- To implement and further develop initiatives as requested by the Partnership Committees, other Policy Committees of the member authorities, and joint consultative committees.
- To consider and adopt funding policies for the Committee's Budget.
- To share resources wherever possible, having due regard to the opportunities for economies of scale to ensure effective use of resources.
- To hold discussions with local and national companies to promote waste minimisation and encourage provision of recycling facilities or alter processes or services in order to increase the possibilities of waste minimisation and recycling within their sphere of influence.
- To improve and expand on existing information and education initiatives to ensure that the community is well informed and aware of the advantages of waste minimisation and recycling.
- To administer payments from the Committee's Budget to finance waste minimisation and recycling activities; to receive accounts relating to Joint Schemes; and to consider the annual budget for the Committee.
- To co-ordinate and oversee Joint Reciprocal Agency Agreements reached between member authorities.
What happened at the last meeting ?
See Committee Minutes and Agendas for more information.
This information is currently not available. Please try again later.